Why use ark group?
Specialising in rural contemporary designs, additions (regional/inner urban) and sustainable new builds, Ark
group combines 20 years of experience with personalised interaction and sound structural knowledge to seek a
collaborative design solution, tailored to each individual site and project.
Ark group is a dedicated design practice that prides itself in providing personalised and well informed design
expertise to its clients.
Ranging from experience in new builds, additions, rural buildings, heritage design and extensive interaction with
councils, building surveyors and other relevant authorities, ark group draws upon many aspects to the design
Our experience includes:
- New builds
- Coastal designs
- Heritage designs
- On-site evaluation
- Planning/council consultation
- Café’s, wineries and small scale commercial projects
- Contemporary Rural
A major advantage of ark group, is the availability in meeting with clients over weekends, after hours and at a location convenient to you, with the understanding of time restrictions placed upon families.
From the outset, communication is an essential component throughout the build process. From the initial client brief to design presentation phase and through to the construction build. Ark group provides extensive interaction between the client and all aspects of the design process.
From council requirements & planning, site analysis and liason with the structural engineer and other relevant project contractor’s.
Materials & Finishes
- Ark group works closely with the client & brief to assist in choosing the most suitable building products, both in terms of affordability, structural integrity and site character.
- Australian hardwood timber is a rich and durable building material which provides a contrasting feature to any home.
- With many varieties of species and treatment methods, careful selection and detail should be applied to each specific project.
Precast concrete offers strength and a strong grounding to the site. Various textures and colours also offer variety from its natural finish.
- Practical and durable, concrete blockwork and brick forms a strong grounding element and emphasis to the build.
- Cost effective and practical, these materials offer a large variety of use and effect.
Recycled product can also be adopted where applicable to the project.
- Rammed earth also provides an organic and sound building structure, which can serve as thermal mass and internal warmth, whilst also offering a natural pallet textured feature.
Fibre Cement Products
Clever use of composite fibre-cement (and similar) products can provide a welcome transition from the use of traditional materials whilst serving as long term protection from the elements. Varying profiles, products and applications offer clean and inviting finishes.